Last updated on June 30, 2018.
When we refer to “CoverStockPhotos”, we mean the CoverStockPhotos entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information.
PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK
CoverStockPhotos is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework's applicable Principles.
CoverStockPhotos is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. CoverStockPhotos complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, CoverStockPhotos is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, CoverStockPhotos may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a visitor to the Site, you can engage in many activities without providing any Personal Information.
However, when you register to use a CoverStockPhoto
s site and order products or services as a CoverStockPhotos user/subscriber in order to provide the services to you, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Contact information such as your name, phone and fax numbers, address and email address; and
- Billing information such as the number, expiration date, card type and billing address of your credit card;
- Profile data, including your username, details about your purchases and the Content that you license from us.
Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
As is true of most websites, when you use the Site, CoverStockPhotos or third party subprocessors contracted by CoverStockPhotos may also collect certain technical and routing information about your computer to facilitate your use of the Site and its services. For example, we may log environmental variables, such as browser type, operating system, CPU speed, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer. We use these environmental variables to facilitate and track your use of the Site and its services. CoverStockPhotos also uses such environmental variables to measure traffic patterns on the Site. To better understand the needs of our visitors to the Site we may occasionally match such information with your Personal Information.
In order to reduce errors in our database, authenticate our users, and prevent abuse of our system, we may on occasion supplement the Personal Information you submit to us with information from third-party sources. For example, we may supplement your contact information with address information provided by the U.S. Postal Service to qualify your information and prevent errors in our database. We may supplement the information that we collect directly from you with information stored in third-party databases, such as demographic information or company information in order to make it more likely that any marketing communications we send will be relevant and of interest to you.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY PREFERENCES
You have the right to access and correct, or delete your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time. This may be accomplished by clicking on the link, "My Account", where you can view and make changes to most of your Personal Information immediately. For security purposes, certain Personal Information can only be changed by contacting support. We will respond to your request promptly within a reasonable timeframe.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
- Process your financial transactions.
- Send you order / renewal confirmations.
- Register your rights, if any, to technical support or other benefits that may be made available to registered users.
- Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns.
- Administer your account.
- Send you requested product or service information.
- Keep you informed about special offers and services of CoverStockPhotos and selected third parties.
- Administer promotions and sweepstakes you enter and notify you of the results.
- Meet our research and product/service development needs and to improve our Site, services and offerings; and
- Customize your experience, including targeting our services and offerings to you.
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, transparent images, and/or third party sources to create a summary of your preferences. We tie your personally identifiable information, and/or your membership usage history, to information in the summary, in order to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers, to improve the content of the site for you and/or to determine your preferences.
In certain situations, CoverStockPhotos may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Where required by law (e.g., to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or legal process served on CoverStockPhotos), and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, avoid litigation, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, and/or respond to a government request. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that such disclosure should be made for reasons of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
INFORMATION SHARING WITH SERVICE PROVIDERS / AGENTS
CoverStockPhotos uses one or more outside credit card processing companies to bill you for our goods and services. To the best of our knowledge, these companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
We also share Personal Information with certain companies that perform services on our behalf. We only share the Personal Information which is necessary for them to perform those services. We require any company with which we may share Personal Information to protect that data in a manner consistent with this policy and to limit the use of such Personal Information to the performance of services for CoverStockPhotos.
We do not sell or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
CHOICE / OPT OUT
If you use a CoverStockPhotos mobile app, we may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information that you provide in connection with the use of the Site is protected in several ways.
- Access by you to your account profile is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. You should strive to use a strong, alpha-numeric password which you should not divulge to anyone.
- Your Personal Information resides on secure servers that only selected CoverStockPhotos personnel and contractors have access to via password.
- Your Personal Information is encrypted whenever it is transmitted to CoverStockPhotos.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using transport layer security technology
We strive to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we take into account the sensitivity of the Personal Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology to use these measures protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
COOKIE AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
The Site may automatically collect information as you browse, such as Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, operating system and device type, average time spent on our site(s), pages viewed, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and other relevant statistics. Such information is sometimes referred to as web analytics and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and provide site functionality.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by CoverStockPhotos and our affiliates, analytics services and service to provide site features and functionality. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here) Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
REFERRAL PROGRAM EMAILS
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our Site and Content, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Site. CoverStockPhotos stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
PO Box 12234, Baltimore, MD, 21281-9998, USA